Thursday 16 June 2022

Campaign reply - Support better workforce planning to support the future of our NHS/Support the NHS workforce in the Health and Care Bill

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate you writing to me about Amendment 29 of the Health and Care Bill.

Unfortunately, I was not able to support the amendment in its present form. I must agree with the reasoning laid forth by the Minister of State for Health that this amendment is not necessary. Already, the Health and Care bill takes a great step forward in bolstering the services offered by the NHS.

The Government has worked to merge Health Education England with NHS England to bring together responsibility for service, financial and workforce planning in one organisation. The record commitment and investment made by the Government has made any further provisions unnecessary.

While this specific amendment is an area where many disagree, there is a shared commitment among MPs to strengthen our health services and allow for a healthier Britain. Before Brexit, £350m a week was given to the EU, and the Government campaigned on taking this sum and investing in the NHS. I am happy to report that the Government has not merely delivered on this promise -- it has gone above and beyond. Over £400m in new funding is given to the NHS each week, and this achievement represents this Government’s commit to a robust NHS.

Thank you once again for getting in touch, and if I can be of further assistance with any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment