Tuesday 7 November 2023

Open Letter - Railway Ticket Offices Across Truro & Falmouth Saved

Dear

Thank you for contacting me in the past with your concerns about our ticket offices at railway stations in Cornwall. I am writing to reassure you that the Government has decided to follow the majority view expressed by residents up and down the country, and that ticket offices in our constituency at: Perranwell, Penryn, Penmere, Falmouth Town, Falmouth Docks, and Truro will be unaffected, and protected for the foreseeable future.

I wholeheartedly welcome this decision, and like many of you am relieved to know that we will be protecting those personal, individual points of contact at railway stations that the elderly, disabled, and most vulnerable in our communities rely on the most.

The Government launched a consultation on this issue, and I am proud to represent a community that saw so many local residents express their views through this process. I passed on the strength of feeling demonstrated by constituents like you to the Secretary of State for Transport, the Rt Hon. Mark Harper MP, and made sure to raise my concerns privately with colleagues to help overhaul this proposal. Thank you again for reaching out to me with your views.

I would like to thank you all for expressing your opinions on this important issue. It really does make a difference!  If you have any further concerns impacting you or your neighbours in Truro & Falmouth, please do not hesitate to contact me again at cherilyn.mackrory.mp@parliament.uk or by writing a letter to the above address.

 

Kindest regards,

Cherilyn Mackrory MP

                                        Member of Parliament for Truro & Falmouth 

No comments:

Post a Comment