Tuesday 18 May 2021

Religious freedom in China: Stand with those detained in Xinjiang

Thank you to the many constituents getting in touch regarding religious freedom in Xinjiang.  

 

I can very much assure you that I share concerns at the at the shameful and gross human rights abuses taking place in Xinjiang which includes forced labour and extra-judicial detention.   

 

I was very pleased that the government also recently announced measures over the human rights abuses in Xinjiang:

 

 

Further, last year the Government introduced sanctions under a new global human rights scheme:  

 

 

I know that the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) continues to monitor this extremely distressing situation and I will continue to do so as well.  

 

If you would like to discuss this further or any other matter, then please do not hesitate to contact me.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment